Friday, September 14, 2007

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes



Wow. These weeks are just going by so fast! The third week of school is already over with. Pretty soon the semester will be over, I'll be finding out if I'm gong to Bolivia and Argentina and then it will be Spring semester. Wow. My goal is to not have Dr. Gordus for classes again after this semester. He's a nice guy but I don't like his teaching methods and I prefer to have natives teach me. Oh well, I'll get plenty of that when I go to Latin America (If I go haha). I have to finish filling out my Application for STIM, give the parts to some other people and then send it in.

I'm also really happy becuase I am officially a member of Blessed Sacrament Catholic Church now! I got a letter yesterday saying, "Welcome!!" Now I'll get my fun little envelopes and tithe my life away :).

The picture above is one of my cousin, her boyfriend Nate, and me. It was taken on my beautiful Mac and I just love it. It makes me miss her a lot, but I know that I'll see her soon enough and we video chat quite frequently so it's fun. I don't think I'm going to see her until December actually, that makes me quite sad, but I'll live.

I have a lot of stuff to do today. I have to meet with Ryan and plan SG stuff, meet Laura for lunch, meet with my Spanish professor at 3:30, go to the bank, go to the pet/grocery store, call Verizon and yell at them, call Cox, begin working on my Spanish essay, begin my Politics essay, start my Spanish presentation, and there may be another thing or two that I have to do. But it's a good thing I don't have class on Fridays or Mondays. It's going to be my saving grace, I can tell right now.

Speaking of which, that's a funny little idiom right there. Saving grace. We have a saving grace. It was given to us by God, yet we choose to use it when talking about classes and other random earthly things. Kind of funnny. Well not funny, but interesting. I wonder if non-Christians know that they use these phrases and really understand where they come from.

I enjoy just laying in bed, typing on my computer, and waiting for my alarm to go off to tell me to get up. I still have 27 more minutes of free time :). How shall I use it? Maybe a quick nap.

The chapter retreat is coming up and I am so excited!!! It's going to be so much fun. There are TONS of new people coming and I cannot wait to talk to them and figure them out a little better. I don't really want to pay my $40 but oh well. This year I have to worry about making a connection with a freshman instead of being the freshman that tried talking to the other people. I already know them, and it'll just be a little weird changing roles. But I guess that's what our lives are all about. Changing. Nothering is ever there forever, you'll never know someone forever, so you have to learn to accept changes.

Tonight is a dance party, so excited! Tomorrow is the CCM BBQ and then Jason and Ashley's, so excited!! It'll be a good weekend I predict. Filled with fun and buttloads of homework. Oh well. That's what school's all about.

That's all I've got.

PEACE

No comments: